You know, my family never celebrated Halloween. I’ve never been trick-or-treating, and the only party I ever went to dressed in costume for Halloween was an 80’s themed party. I went as a dead 80’s prom girl. It was… anticlimactic.
And on the one day that I could have legitimately dressed up in some crazy costume for you guys and not have to explain myself, I decided to be normal. Because I’m a rebel like that.
Unless I take pictures at the house tomorrow… and then you will.
So, because it’s Halloween and I feel like doing a Halloween-type post (which, by the way, I didn’t even remember today was Halloween until I went to the store and saw a witch. And then I realized that I am wearing orange. We can pretend I’m a pumpkin. A very fancy pumpkin.), here are a few random things that I find creepy:
- Automatic toilets in public restrooms. Seriously. It’s like there’s this little tiny person watching you pee, and its sole job is to flush the toilet so you don’t have to.
- Pockmarked surfaces. Like this rock. I don’t know why. (I did say random.)
- Those big posters girls put on their walls of famous actors. I don’t like strange men staring at me while I sleep, thank you very much. Even if they are good looking. And made out of paper.
- Clowns. (I love clowns. I think they’re amazing. The weirder they look, the more I love them.)
- Monsters. Because they’re not real.
- Flirtatious little old men. They make me laugh. (My coworkers ALL think the flirtatious little old men are creepy.)
I thought this picture was appropriate, seeing as how my abnormal eye coloration is really apparent (even in the unedited photo) and it’s sort of halloween-y.
And I would like to introduce you to my eccentric owl. He’s the only one out of about ten necklaces that was upside-down, which is exactly why I chose him, and I love him to pieces. I’ve been wearing him for the last three days. Isn’t he adorable?
I’ve decided to name him Alby. Because… just… because.
I hope you have all had a lovely day! Happy almost November! I’m going to go do the most Halloween thing I do and watch A Nightmare Before Christmas.
Details: shirt ($2.50) and belt ($0.99), thrifted. Skirt ($…I forget… $17?), and necklace ($2.80) Forever 21; shoes, old; sweater, was grandma’s.