1. The color. Oh, the color! It is that perfect bright coral that I just want to soak in for hours and never take off.
2. The length. I can’t resist floor-length gowns. Especially not when they’re this color.
3. The innate 1970’s of it all. It is, through and through, a completely 70’s gown. The length, the high neckline, the sleeves; it’s a product of the late 60’s ladylike-ness coming through to an early 70’s hippie.
4. Obviously, that it really IS a late 60’s/early 70’s evening gown. I can’t resist a vintage piece, no matter how whacky it may be. (To wit: kitten-in-a-basket-batting-at-a-strawberry dress)
1. Princess Leia’s bridesmaids. Think about it. Bleach this dress white, add cinnamon-roll-buns to my head, and I could BE Leia. Easily. But in this color? Bridesmaid. Totally.
2. Bond Girl. Stick me next to Sean Connery with some flowers in my hair, and I’ll be the hippie pseudo-innocent-and-pure Bond Girl who says she’ll never give in to him but eventually does. Although, since I’m pregnant, I can’t actually really be a Bond Girl. Pregnant Bond girl? Um… well, that would be new.
3. My husband’s 90-year-old Aunt, in her younger days. She was fabulous.
Things I hate about this dress:
1. I don’t know how to style it. You guys, I went through two belts, three pairs of shoes, three brooches, a necklace, and a hairstyle change before I finally gave up and just settled with this. I love it, but seriously. How does one style Princess Leia’s Bridesmaid’s Bond Girl Dress?
2. The waistline. I would really, really like to hitch it up about an inch and a half; I don’t know if I have a high waist (which I didn’t think I did) or if it’s just a tad bit too low to look good with belts, but… it’s slightly awkward. And the dress is just too much without something at the waist.
But hey, at least… it’s pretty?
(Secret: I’m pretty sure that look is less smug, and more “I’m tired and I want coffee stat!”)
Vintage Dress | Thrifted Boots and Belt | Forever 21 Ring
What would you do with this dress? Tailor it? Shorten it? Add stuff to it? Or parade around in it exactly as it is? What colors would you wear with it? If I had some teal, mustard, or maroon accessories, I think those colors would go great with this.
Tell me what you think!