Becca over at Ladyface Blog just posted a 10 Things post, and I had to do one. Secretly, because I have no outfit to share today. So! Here are a few things you may not know about me (unless you’ve known me for a very long time!)
1. I wasn’t allowed to wear makeup until I was 16. Apparently, when I was little I was obsessed with looking good, so my mom wanted to squelch that and make sure I didn’t grow up incredibly vain. Subsequently, when I finally got to wear makeup and had a makeover-themed 16th birthday party, I didn’t like the way mascara and eyeliner looked on me. I still prefer natural looks to lots of shadow or lipstick!
2. I didn’t cut my hair, dye my hair, or pierce my ears until I was 16, either.
3. There’s a 15″ difference between my hip and waist measurements, so my sizing is all over the place — I wear size 12 jeans, size 4 dresses, sometimes size 2 skirts (if the cut is full) and anywhere from an extra small to large tops, depending on the cut and brand or store. Which is why I always want to emphasize to every woman– the numbers do not matter. Because I am healthy despite what the BMI calculator thinks. Now more than ever, I am so happy with my body and I definitely feel like a hot mama!
4. I was a morning person until I got married, and then I went through a phase of finding it super hard to get up… and now I’m going back to being a morning person. It’s really weird.
5. The total cost of my wedding stayed within our budget of $2,000 — that includes photographer, videographer, dress, desserts served, decorations, invitations, and everything! I picked my own wedding flowers, and probably the most expensive thing — aside from the dress and photographer — was the plethora of white paper lanterns we hung from the ceiling.
6. My husband is the only man I’ve ever dated. (Not the only one I could have dated, I just chose to wait for the right guy.) He and I have only officially known each other for two years and three months. (I knew who his family was, vaguely, for a few years, but never spoke to him in person until he introduced himself five days before our first date.) I knew I was in love with him three weeks after we started dating; we knew we were going to get married about a month after dating, got engaged after eight months of knowing each other, and married four months after that. And then had a baby a year and a month after we got married. When you know, you know!
7. I sing and write/play music (old video!), when I have a piano and time. I even started writing a musical once (also old; forgive the mistakes! I’m pretty sure some of that was made up as I was recording it). I really need to finish it someday.
8. I also write fiction. Well, I used to, and I haven’t written for about two years. In addition to about fifty bazillion stories started, I finished a (very long historical drama romance) novel about four years ago, and I still need to edit it. I hope someday to publish at least one book.
9. I have a box full of handwritten love letters to my husband that I wrote long before I ever knew him.
10. I was homeschooled, and I loved it. No, I did not ever do my schoolwork in my pajamas, to my knowledge, and yes, I did have friends and a social life. Haha!
What are ten facts about you? I’d love to know you better! Tell me in the comments, or write your own post and link me to it!