2. My outfit today. I love it. I’m wearing a scarf as a belt, and I think coral and blue is my favorite combo EVER. I need more coral!
3. Lunch! Minus the homemade Whole30 approved devilled eggs which are fantastic, if I do say so myself…
4. the most amazingest carrots I have EVER had, thanks to this recipe. I have now purchased her cookbook. I don’t like carrots. These were THAT GOOD. I ate most of them in one sitting.
5. So, Staples had actual Dunder Mifflin printer paper. How awesome is that? Totally got a whole box of it for our office. On the front, it has a seal of approval that says “Our motto is ‘Quabity first!'” and it cracks me up every time I look at it!
6. I started drinking black coffee, thanks to the Whole30. If there’s one thing I really miss, it’s half-and-half. There’s nothing like it. I tried a coconut-milk-and-egg recipe to replace half-and-half, and it was creamy as promised, but the taste wasn’t too great an may have promoted a huge stomach upset. So, I drink black coffee now.
7, 8: So, we finally had an actual spring-like day (it was 60 degrees when I left work, guys! 60!) and I found some pretty buds on a tree out back. Plus, I’m really jealous of whomever owns the white blooming beauty on the corner when I go to work. I love it.
9. I’m growing some herbs! The cold may have killed them, though. Even though they’re indoors, they’re next to a not-insulated window and we had a very frosty night… and now they’re all wilting. It’s sad.
10. The most interesting and informative book about food and health, ever. Makes SO much sense. Y’all should buy and read it if you’re really interested in improving your health. Also, cutting dairy, sugar, legumes, grains, and alcohol from your life for 30 days isn’t actually as hard as it sounds.
11. … and then the spring-like day went away, and we had a 36-degree, chances-of-ice-with-hail-on-the-side day, and it sucked. Ugh.
12. Are any of you as nerdy as we are? We picked up a copy of The Hobbit: An Unexpected journey as SOON as it came out in order to get the code to watch the Livestream of behind-the-scenes on Sunday. Which we may or may not have skipped church to watch. We are that nerdy (heathen?). It was AWESOME. So many little snippets of unfinished scenes from the next movie! I can’t wait! GAH!
How cute is my niece? Those cheeks!
I hope you are all having a beautiful Tuesday! I’m hoping the cloud cover will go away and we’ll have another fabulous 60 degree day. It’s supposed to be nice this weekend. Fingers crossed!